Replacement Coreless Servo for AxiDraw
This high performance coreless servo motor is available as a replacement part or upgrade for compatible AxiDraw models.
The Replacement Coreless Servo for AxiDraw is compatible with AxiDraw V3 and SE family pen plotters that shipped with, or which have been upgraded with, a specific servo mounting bracket. To verify compatibility, look at the bracket where your existing pen-lift servo motor is mounted, comparing it to the photo here.
If it looks like the photo, with a black-colored aluminum flap over the top of the servo motor, your AxiDraw is already compatible with this replacement servo.
If your servo mounting bracket has any other configuration, your AxiDraw is not presently compatible with this replacement servo. Check the compatibility notes for the Coreless Servo Upgrade Kit for AxiDraw for more information.
About this coreless servo motor (as an upgrade)
The K-power DMC809 digital coreless servo motor has a full metal gear train, dual ball bearings, and a full machined aluminum case. If your AxiDraw is compatible and you are purchasing this as an upgrade from the (blue plastic) Tower Pro SG-90 motor, the coreless motor is faster, stronger, longer lasting, and quieter.
Here are the tradeoffs that you should be aware of:
- Much quieter. No, it's not silent, but, wow it is remarkably quiet.
- Longer life.
- Stronger; greater lifting capacity. Can lift heavier pens.
- A little bit faster.
- Less vibration due to servo noise, especially at lower speeds. (Did we mention that it's quieter?)
- A more professional final appearance, with its nice all-metal case.
- Long lasting, replaceable roller wheel on the aluminum lift arm reduces friction and wear.
- Heavier; can slightly increase "tuning-fork" ringing at faster speeds.
- Costs more.
What comes in the package:
- K-power DMC809 coreless servo motor, customized with shorter wire leads
- A custom aluminum lift-arm (servo horn with rolling wheel), installed and ready to use
- Cable ties and screws for mounting