Now is the time to close the skills gap! The Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Getting Started Course gives you hands-on experience milling engravings and machining designs. We designed this course to help users build confidence and learn fundamental CNC concepts using the Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Milling Machine. This course guides you through the basics of milling 2D and 2.5D designs using our intuitive Bantam Tools Milling Machine Software’s classic built-in SVG support and 2.5D autoCAM.
What You’ll Learn
- How to set up a job on the Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Milling Machine
- How to set up SVG files in the Bantam Tools Milling Machine Software
- Best safety, cleaning, and maintenance practices when working with the machine
- What SVGs are and how to design them
- Mill projects using the Bantam Tools software’s classic built-in SVG support
What This Course is Not
This course is all about the basics, meaning it will not cover the following topics:
- Modeling parts in a CAD workspace
- Programming toolpaths in a CAM workspace
- Understanding G-code commands and M-commands
- Developing customs speeds and feeds recipes
- Advanced fixturing techniques (e.g., vises, fixturing pallet)
What You Need
- Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Milling Machine
- A computer with the Bantam Tools Milling Machine software downloaded and installed
Each purchase of the Bantam Tools Desktop CNC Getting Started Course includes a box of materials you will need to complete the projects.
- Flat end mill, 1/8"
- Metal engraving bit, 1/8", 80º (0.005”)
- ER-11 collet, 1/8”
- Dog tag (3)
- Aluminum bar, 4” x 2” x 0.125”
- High-strength, double-sided Nitto tape elbow (10)