Plus Bantam Tools’ Peter Riley on learning CNC
In this second episode of season three, Bre and Zach sit down with master machinist Angelo Juras at the Autodesk Pier 9 facility in San Francisco. Angelo has been a machinist since the 80s, when he got his start on NC punched-tape-style milling machines. In his current position at Autodesk as a CAM product manager, he has a unique vantage point to recount the last three decades in machining and talk about what’s to come in the future.
- Tour of the Autodesk Pier 9 Technology Center
- Angelo does Fusion 360 livestreams on YouTube
- Punched tape NC milling machines
- The History of CNC three-part series by Bantam Tools
- Peter Riley makes CNC videos for Bantam Tools!
- Fusion 360 announced a number of new integrations recently, see them in action
ABOUT ANGELO JURAS
Angelo Juras has over 30 years experience in the machining industry. Before working on Autodesk’s CAM product management team, Angelo was in the Tesla Motors R&D Prototyping Lab. While at Tesla, Angelo was responsible for machining complex vehicle components and sub-assemblies using state-of-the-art CNC machine tools with very short lead-times and extremely tight tolerances.